Monday, May 26, 2008

Obtaining clean soles and souls

A few weeks ago I had a Saturday afternoon to myself.

I wanted to run a few errands and hit Confession, which I sorely - sorely - needed. It had been several months, and my soul was heavy. You know, that I have got to make Confession this weekend urgency.

One of the errands I needed to run before Confession was buying a new pair of sneakers. My old pair was God-knows-how old (I honestly can't remember); and they were filthy - as you can see from the photo - bald as old tires and the soles were coming up at the heels.

I hit Macys, and bought the same style.

Then I headed for Confession and, without realizing the parallel between this and my sneaker purchase, traded in my worn-out, sinful soul for a blindingly-white new one. It stayed blindingly white, for about 30 minutes I would say - LOL - but it was a whole lot lighter than it was before I knelt down.

I didn't always love Confession, and that's A Post For Another Day. But, boy, are we so lucky to have it.

I just came back to finish this post after going for a walk with the kids. Before we left, I bent over to tie my shoes and their brand name hit me between the eyes like a 2x4 - Easy Spirit.

1 comment:

Stina said...

Good morning!

I've tagged you for a Breast Cancer Awareness meme.

I hope all is well out west:)